As we all know that Samsung has started pushing the lollipop update for Samsung Note 3. The OTA update for Samsung Note 3 (Europe) is available which will help you in updating your Note 3 to the latest Android operating system i.e. Android Lollipop. Many users have already updated their Samsung Note 3 with Lollipop update but encountered many problems after the update.
If you are not happy with the lollipop update on your Note 3 you can easily downgrade it to the earlier operating system of your Note 3 i.e. Android KitKat. It is very easy to downgrade your Note 3 from Android lollipop to android KitKat and following the guide shared below you will be able to easily use Android KitKat back on your Note 3.
The process of downgrading to Android KitKat is same for all the versions of Note 3 however there are different models available of Note 3 and you have to download the KitKat file for the model of your Note 3 in order to downgrade your device. Check the model of your device by going to Settings > About Device. Check the model number and download the KitKat firmware from this link.
- Your smartphone must have more than 70% of battery present in it.
- Download Odin from this link.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your device. To enable USB debugging go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- The USB drivers of your device should be installed on your computer so that your computer can detect your device when you plug it in. To install drivers on your system you can install Samsung Kies which will automatically install the drivers for your smartphone.
- This process will work only on Windows OS, so don’t try it on any other Operating system.
- Create backup of your device before you downgrade it. You can use Helium app for creating backup of your Note 3.
How to downgrade Samsung Note 3 to Android KitKat
- Once all the files have been downloaded, extract them and place them on your desktop.
- Switch off your Note 3 smartphone and reboot it in Download Mode. To put your Note 3 in Download mode you have to press and hold combination of buttons. Press Volume Down + Power + Home button for about 8 seconds. After about 8 seconds you will see a yellow warning sign. Press Volume Up to continue and you will enter in Download Mode of Samsung Note 3 smartphone.
- Open odin software as this software will help you in downgrading your device.
- Now connect your Note 3 smartphone with your computer and the software will automatically detect that you have connected the device to your computer. You will see ADDED message on the software.
- Once you see Added written, click on AP button and browse the file tar.md5 which you extracted in Step 1.
- Make sure F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot options are checked and Re-Partition option is not checked.
- Click on Start button to start the downgrading process. It will take about a minute or two to complete the entire process. When you see PASS written in green on Odin software it means that your device is successfully downgraded.
Once your Note 3 is rebooted you should see Android KitKat on your device which means you have successfully downgraded from Android Lollipop to Android KitKat. If you are having any issues while downgrading use the comments section to clear your doubts.