MIUI 7 is the latest version of MIUI software for Xiaomi devices. If you are using Nexus 5 smartphone and want to try this MIUI 7 on your device then you can install MIUI 7 on LG Nexus 5. The official custom rom is available for the LG Nexus 5 which will bring all the features which you are getting on Xiaomi smartphones with MIUI on your Nexus 5. If you have rooted your Nexus 5 smartphone and are using a custom recovery on your device then you can easily install this rom. Follow the step by step guide shared below which will help you to install MIUI 7 on LG Nexus 5.
Disclaimer: We at Android Sigma are not responsible if your device gets bricked or damaged during the Rooting process. You are performing this process entirely at your own risk.
- Your Nexus 5 smartphone should be rooted. If your smartphone is not rooted read the rooting tutorial to root Nexus 5.
- Make backup of all the data which is present in your smartphone as your data will be deleted once you install the custom rom on your device.
- Make sure that your computer is having drivers of Nexus 5 installed.
- USB debugging should ne enabled on your computer. To enable USB debugging you can go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB debugging.
- Your smartphone should have more than 80% of battery in it.
- Make sure that your smartphone is having recovery in it.
How to install MIUI 7 on Nexus 5
Follow the step by step guide to install MIUI 7 on Nexus 5.
- Download the ROM for your Nexus 5 from this link. Download the Rom for the model of your Nexus 5.
- Connect your smartphone with your computer and copy the ROM in the memory of your device.
- Turn off your Nexus 5 and reboot it in recovery mode. To enter the recovery mode of your Nexus 5 press combo of Volume Down + Power + Home
- When you see that you have entered the recovery mode of Nexus 5 perform wipe action. Clear the data by selecting wipe data/ factory reset.
- After that you can also clear the cache by selecting clear cache partition.
- Go back to recovery and then choose install zip from SD card and after that select choose zip from SD card.
- Flash the file and once the files has been flashed return to the recovery menu and reboot your device by selecting reboot
MIUI 7 is now installed on your Nexus 5. To get all the google applications you need to download and flash Google Apps. You can download google apps from the same link from where you downloaded MIUI 7 for your Nexus 5. Download it and flash it without performing Step 4 and 5.