The long awaited Cyanogenmod 12 is finally available for the Micromax Unite 2. You can now have the stock vanilla Android experience on your Micromax Unite 2 by installing Cyanogenmod 12. The rom aims at improving the performance of your Android device. You will also get many amazing features which are not present in the stock rom on Micromax Unite 2. With this custom rom you will only be able to use a single sim. Other things such as camera, Wifi, Bluetooth, MTP work flawlessly on the Micromax Unite 2. If you want to install Cyanogenmod 12 on Micromax Unite 2 follow the step by step guide shared below.
Disclaimer: We at Android Sigma are not responsible if your device gets bricked or damaged during the Rooting process. You are performing this process entirely at your own risk.
- Your Micromax Unite 2 smartphone should be rooted. If your smartphone is not rooted read the rooting tutorial to root Micromax Unite 2.
- Make backup of all the data which is present in your smartphone as your data will be deleted once you install the custom rom on your device.
- Make sure that your computer is having drivers of Micromax Unite 2 installed.
- USB debugging should ne enabled on your computer. To enable USB debugging you can go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB debugging.
- Your smartphone should have more than 80% of battery in it.
- Make sure that your smartphone is having recovery in it.
How to install Cyanogenmod 12 rom on Micromax Unite 2
Follow the step by step guide to install Cyanogenmod 12 rom on Micromax Unite 2.
- Download the ROM for your Micromax Unite 2 from this link. Download the Rom for the model of your Micromax Unite 2.
- Connect your smartphone with your computer and copy the ROM in the memory of your device.
- Turn off your Unite 2 and reboot it in recovery mode. To enter the recovery mode of your Micromax Unite 2 press combo of Volume Down + Power + Home
- When you see that you have entered the recovery mode of Micromax Unite 2 perform wipe action. Clear the data by selecting wipe data/ factory reset.
- After that you can also clear the cache by selecting clear cache partition.
- Go back to recovery and then choose install zip from SD card and after that select choose zip from SD card.
- Flash the file and once the files has been flashed return to the recovery menu and reboot your device by selecting reboot
Cyanogenmod 12 rom is now installed on your Micromax Unite 2. To get all the google applications you need to download and flash Google Apps. You can download google apps from the same link from where you downloaded Cyanogenmod 12 rom for your Nexus 6. Download it and flash it without performing Step 4 and 5.