In a hustle to download our most wanted apps, we overlook the permissions that it gains access to. Many of the apps that we download or install, ask for permission to access our location. And least do we see, that it ends up keeping our location on the entire time. And that can turn out to be quite risky as well.
This in turn, will also eat up your phone’s battery and might harm in terms of your phone’s privacy. So if you are looking for ways to opt out of it, here’s how you can do it.
Unfortunately, this option is not available for Android versions older than Marshmallow 6.0. So for all Marshmallow users, this is one more perk of having the new OS!
Take a look at our easy step by step tutorial to know How to Grant or Deny app access to your location on Android Marshmallow
How to Grant or Deny app access to your location on Android Marshmallow
- Go to the settings page of your phone
- Scroll through, and go to the “Location” tab
- Just in case you don’t find the location tab directly, it might be under the “Privacy and safety” menu
- Here you will see a list of apps that’s having access to your location.
- you can click on each app individually to turn off the permission to access location
- Or you can also turn off the location features itself, by sliding off the toggle bar next to the “Location” button
Doing this, you can easily get rid of the hassle of letting apps have your location access. Did our article help you to know How to Grant or Deny app access to your location on Android Marshmallow ? Leave your suggestions below!